Event Date: June 16, 2016
Celtic Reading Group: Writers and 1916
Dates: Third Thursday of Each Month: Note adjustment for St. Patrick’s Day
June 16th, July 21st
Location: McCarthy’s Red Stag Pub Great Room, 534 Main Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018
Tickets: $10:00 for all sessions - BUY NOW
The CCA is proud to present a 6 month reading and discussion group focused on writers and the Easter Rebellion of 1916. The theme will be poetry and literature of the Easter 1916 Rising. We will be delving into selections from the book The 1916 Poets, as well as other material from this.
Each month is a separate event, feel free to come to all or some of the nights. The book is available as a used item only on sites such as Amazon, ABE Books and others.
Seating is limited, $10.00 ticket price includes all sessions.
Purchase tickets here: BUY NOW
- February: Background of the Easter Rising
- March: Political writings of Robert Emmet, Thomas Russell, and Padrig Pearce
- April: The 1916 Poets Padrig Pearse
- May: The 1916 Poets Joseph Plunkett
- June: The 1916 Poets Thomas McDonagh
- July: Literary responses to the Easter Rising: Yeats and others