Be a part of the largest Celtic festival in North America!
THERE ARE 600 NEW FRIENDS WAITING TO MEET YOU!
The Celtic Cultural Alliance knows that our volunteers are the very heart of our events. We recognize that volunteers are the key to our success. We deeply appreciate the efforts of so many who join us each year to not only get the job done, but are the reason that so many of our visitors come back each year.
To show our appreciation for your hard work and dedication, 2015 Celtic Classic Volunteers will receive:
- An exclusive 2015 Celtic Classic Volunteer t-shirt. T-shirt only guaranteed to those scheduled by 08/31/2015.
- $5.00 worth of food & beverage tickets for each shift worked
- Free shuttle transportation
Celtic Classic is pleased to offer our volunteers the opportunity to schedule themselves!
- YOU pick, the date, time and job (based on availability). In some cases, you can even pick the exact location.
- All shifts are on a first come, first served basis and availability can change on a daily basis.
- We encourage you to volunteer with a group of family or friends! Please call the CCA office for assistance to make sure everyone is scheduled together.
Corporate groups, clubs and other organizations are welcome!
- Volunteering at the Celtic Classic is not only a great team building experience, but also a fun way to network and meet new people.
- We allow businesses & groups bringing 8 or more people to promote themselves during their shift. Call the CCA office to find out how.
2015 Celtic Classic Volunteer Job Descriptions
Jobs that require handling money are indicated with $$$
Volunteer Coordinator - Assist Volunteer Committee in checking in all volunteers for their shifts, distributing shirts, making schedule changes and answering general questions. Preferable job for those needing to be seated, enjoy working with the public and are detailed orientated.
Pre & Post Festival Operations • Pre-Festival Set-Up - Help out before the festival. Unload equipment, set up booths, paint, hang signs etc. (2 weekends before festival).
• Post-Festival Take-down - Help out after the Festival to clean up, pack equipment, inventory signs and take down booths. (Monday after the Festival and the following weekend.)
Beer Site Prep (Friday only) - Prepare beer sites with needed supplies and marketing materials prior to festival opening. Also assist with beer site layout.
Beer / Wine Server - Must be 21 years of age or older - Responsible for dispensing requested alcoholic beverages into cups and mugs, and accepting tickets as payment. Volunteer may be required to verify sobriety and age requirements (carding). May also be required to sell souvenir mugs.
Guinness Bartender Must 21 years of age or older - A specially branded Guinness bar set up inside the Grand Pavilion entertainment Tent. This bar will serve only Guinness Draught and Guinness Blonde. Great spot for music lovers!
Pub Tent Bartender - Must be 21 years of age or older- Responsible for dispensing beer, wine or whiskey into approved cups and accepting tickets as payment. Volunteer will be required to verify sobriety and age (carding). This unique venue does not separate product servers. All volunteers will act as bartenders serving all offered alcoholic beverages. Irish Pub Tent only.
Ticket Sales / Cashier $$$ - Sell tickets used to purchase food and beverages. Must handle money and/or credit card machine.
Onsite Office Support - Assist CCA staff in the office trailer located on festival grounds with incoming phone calls - answering questions, giving directions, delivering messages. Assist with volunteer check in. Preferable job for those needing to be seated.
Children’s Activity Tent - Distribute art materials and assist children with craft projects. Project training will be provided at the Volunteer Orientation meeting. Great job if you are unable to stand during the entire shift.
Fiddle Competition Registrar - Assist competition staff in registering competitors prior to the start of competition, keeping competition organized and assisting competitors as needed. Preferable job for someone who needs to be seated.
Fiddle Competition Score Tabulator - Assist competition judges in keeping proper record of scores and tabulating properly at the end of the competition. Preferable job for someone who needs to be seated.
Stage Hand - Assist stage managers as needed, keep fire aisles clear during performances and general crowd control, help with any backstage needs, load and unload performer’s equipment from stage.
Usher/Ice House - Ice House - Ice House - Greet attendees, hand out program information, assist with seating, monitor door during concert performance.
Security - Must be 18 or older - May be assigned to any of the following positions:
- Entrance to sponsor tent – check for wristbands or tickets
- I.D. checker in beer tent – use electronic device to verify age
- Traffic control on festival grounds
- Entrance to ticketed events
Hospitality - Must be 21 or older - May be assigned to any of the following positions:
- Performer Hospitality trailer – Provide a pleasant, relaxing atmosphere for the performers in the hospitality trailer. Will assist with food & beverages provided for the entertainers.
- Member’s Tent – Assist in the Member’s only tent, located on Highland Field, ensuring all occupants are CCA members, distributing member’s gifts, and providing membership information to interested parties. Preferable job for those needing to be seated.
- VIP Tent – Assist Hospitality Committee in providing a pleasant atmosphere for our sponsors. Serve beverages, food and keep area clean of used paper goods etc.
Office Volunteer - Assist office staff in the office trailer located on festival grounds with incoming phone calls - answering questions, giving directions, delivering messages. Assist with volunteer check in. Preferable job for those needing to be seated.
Parade Marshal - Must be 18 or older - Assist Parade Committee in organizing parade participants, must walk with entire parade (approx. 2 miles) to help keep correct pace. Saturday morning & afternoon only.
Pipe Band Steward - Assist Pipe Band Committee in moving bands to and from the competition area in a timely & organized fashion, crowd control, and general assistance to the Pipe Band Committee and bands as needed during the competition. Also assist w/ massed bands and award ceremonies
Site Preparations - Prepare sites for visitors; set up tables and chairs. Saturday & Sunday mornings only.
Supply Runner - Deliver supplies where needed. Must be able to carry up to 30 lbs.
Souvenirs $$$ - Help out in souvenir sales by keeping merchandise stocked and/or assisting customers.